School District Critical Race Theory FOIA Letter
This is a FOIA letter for parents and the general public to use in order to obtain information on how Critical Race Theory and related topics is manifesting in their school district. You may also use this link to access the Google Doc form.
To Whom it May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
I request that a copy of the following documents [or documents containing the following information] be provided to me via electronic means (email or Drive/Dropbox Link):
- All administrator AND teacher training materials/resources/support documents that were used in the 2020 to 2021 school year AND those that have been developed for use in the 2021-2022 school year including but not limited to readings, packets, PowerPoint/slideshow presentations, on the topics of equity, culturally relevant teaching/pedagogy, bias/anti-bias, cultural inclusion, critical race theory, antiracism, and restorative justice.
- Documents and resources on the topics listed above made for supporting/training/educating parents and students
- The components of school improvement plans pertaining to the aforementioned topics
- Learning/educational/support material that has been developed for administrators, staff, students, and parents by the (insert name of department that oversees diversity, equity, and inclusion)
- District surveys and results pertaining to racial issues, equity, diversity, and bias
- Training and development documents, tools, PowerPoints, etc. related to the formation of the (insert name of department that oversees diversity, equity, and inclusion)
- Documents pertaining to the development or implementation of the district (insert name of any equity/diversity/inclusion plan they have or are developing)
In order to help to determine my status to assess fees, you should know that I am an individual seeking information for personal use and not for commercial use.
I request a waiver of all fees for this request. Disclosure of the requested information to me is in the public interest because it is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations or activities of the government and is not primarily in my commercial interest.
Thank you for your consideration of this request.
(You may use a pseudonym. They may request an address. If you do not wish to disclose your address we suggest using a dummy address and specifically request that all correspondences occur electronically)